Formation temps-réel sous Linux avec PREEMPT_RT
Learn how to setup and use PREEMPT_RT to meet real-time requirements with Linux, how to develop applications and debug latencies.
About this event
An online seminar corresponding to Bootlin's Online Real-Time Linux with PREEMPT_RT Training Seminar course, described with full details on https://bootlin.com/training/preempt-rt/. It is delivered over 3 half-days of 4 hours each.
The sessions will alternate between lectures and live demonstrations made by the trainer on real hardware. The live demonstrations will be made using the ARM-based STMicroelectronics STM32MP157D-DK1 platform. Even though this particular platform is used for the live demonstrations, the course remains perfectly useful and valid regardless of the specific hardware platform used in your projects.
- Course dates and time
- October 3, 2023, 13:45 to 18:00, UTC+02:00
- October 4, 2023, 14:00 to 18:00, UTC+02:00
- October 5, 2023, 14:00 to 18:00, UTC+02:00
- Oral language: English
- Materials language: English
- Agenda: https://bootlin.com/doc/training/preempt-rt/preempt-rt-online-agenda.pdf
- Instructor: Maxime Chevallier (https://bootlin.com/company/staff/maxime-chevallier)
- Videoconferencing infrastructure: Google Meet or Jitsi Meet
Note: the first session starts 15 minutes earlier in order to have enough time for everyone to test the audio/video setup and address any issue.
Instructions for joining will be sent to each participant at least 48 hours before the session starts.
Hardware requirements for the course
Besides a computer, an audio headset and a good Internet connection, there are no special requirements to attend this course: the practical labs are performed as live demonstrations by the trainer.
However, if you are interested in reproducing the practical labs by yourself, during the time between the sessions, you can purchase the following hardware items:
- STM32MP1 Discovery Kit 1, see ST web site to purchase from various distributors. Note that if the 157D variant is not avaiable, the older 157A variant will also work fine.
- USB-C cable for the power supply
- USB-A to micro B cable for the serial console
- microSD card of minimum 8 GB capacity
Please note that if you want to reproduce the practical labs by yourself, you need to schedule additional time, outside of the session hours.
Again: having this hardware is NOT mandatory to follow the course. Many course participants follow our courses without having the corresponding hardware, and the course is very useful even without the hardware.
Invoices and cancellation policy
Discount vs regular rate
The discount rate is offered at the following conditions:
- You register online and pay by credit card
- You register at least one month prior to the start of the course
- You are among the first 6 participants for the session
Pay by invoice / Wire transfer
will confirm your participation only on reception of payment. Please
use our quotation number and your last name as a reference in
your wire transfer (bank details will be communicated in your order
confirmation). We kindly ask you to send your payment confirmation
within 24h by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need a proforma
invoice to pay, please send us an email. If we don't receive your email
within 24h we could cancel your order without any further notice. Banking fees must be paid by the customer.
Cancellation / Refunds
Discount tickets can be cancelled until Sep 2, 2023 11:59 P.M.
Regular tickets can be cancelled until Sep 25, 2023 11:59 P.M.
Bootlin could cancel the training session in the unlikely event that the minimum number of participants is not reached. If this happens you will be fully refunded.
If you face any issue while registering, please contact us at email@example.com.
Bootlin is a ST Authorized Partner.