Formation Linux embarqué avec Yocto Project et OpenEmbedded
Learn how to build and run embedded Linux systems with the Yocto Project and OpenEmbedded.
About this event
An online seminar corresponding to Bootlin's Yocto Project and OpenEmbedded development training course, described with full details on https://bootlin.com/training/yocto/. It is delivered over 4 half-days of 4 hours each.
The sessions will alternate between lectures and live demonstrations made by the trainer on real hardware. The live demonstrations will be made using the ARM-based STMicroelectronics STM32MP157D-DK1 platform. Even though this particular platform is used for the live demonstrations, the course remains perfectly useful and valid regardless of the specific hardware platform used in your projects.
- Course dates and time
- January 22, 2024, 08:45 to 13:00, UTC+01:00
- January 23, 2024, 09:00 to 13:00, UTC+01:00
- January 24, 2024, 09:00 to 13:00, UTC+01:00
- January 25, 2024, 09:00 to 13:00, UTC+01:00
- Extra session if necessary: January 26, 2024, 09:00 to 13:00, UTC+01:00
- Oral language: English
- Materials language: English
- Agenda: https://bootlin.com/doc/training/yocto-stm32/yocto-stm32-online-agenda.pdf
- Instructor: Luca Ceressoli (https://bootlin.com/company/staff/luca-ceresoli )
- Videoconferencing infrastructure: Google Meet or Jitsi Meet
Note: the first session starts 15 minutes earlier in order to
have enough time for everyone to test the audio/video setup and
address any issue.
Instructions for joining will be sent to each participant at least 48 hours before the session starts.
Hardware requirements for the course
Besides a computer, an audio headset and a good Internet connection, there are no special requirements to attend this course: the practical labs are performed as live demonstrations by the trainer.
However, if you are interested in reproducing the practical labs by yourself, during the time between the sessions, you can purchase the following hardware items:
- STM32MP1 Discovery Kit 1, see ST web site to purchase from various distributors. Note that if the 157D variant is not avaiable, the older 157A variant will also work fine.
- USB-C cable for the power supply
- USB-A to micro B cable for the serial console
- Wii Nunchuk with UEXT connector available from Olimex.
- 4 breadboard wires with male endings such as the ones available from Olimex.
- microSD card of minimum 8 GB capacity
Please note that if you want to reproduce the practical labs by yourself, you need to schedule additional time, outside of the session hours.
Again: having this hardware is NOT mandatory to follow the course. Many course participants follow our courses without having the corresponding hardware, and the course is very useful even without the hardware.
Invoices and cancellation policy
Discount vs regular rate
The discount rate is offered at the following conditions:
- You register online and pay by credit card and
- You register at least one month prior to the start of the course and
- You are among the first 6 participants for the session
Pay by invoice / Wire transfer
Please choose the regular rate if you pay by wire transfer, discount rate is not proposed with wire transfer.
We will confirm your participation only on reception of payment. Please use our quotation number as a reference in your wire transfer (bank details will be communicated in your order confirmation).
We kindly ask you to send your payment confirmation within 24h by email to email@example.com.
If you need a proforma invoice to pay, please send us an email. If we don't receive your email within 24h we could cancel your order without any further notice. Banking fees must be paid by the customer.
Cancellation / Refunds
Discount tickets can be cancelled until Dec 22, 2023 11:59 P.M.
Regular tickets can be cancelled until Jan 14, 2024 11:59 P.M.
Bootlin could cancel the training session in the unlikely event that the minimum number of participants is not reached. If this happens you will be fully refunded.
If you face any issue while registering, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bootlin is a ST Authorized Partner.