Formation drivers noyau Linux
The best course to get started with the development of device drivers in the Linux kernel!
About this event
An online seminar corresponding to Bootlin's Embedded Linux kernel and driver development training course, described with full details on https://bootlin.com/training/linux-kernel/. It is delivered over 7 half-days of 4 hours each.
The sessions will alternate between lectures and live demonstrations made by the trainer on real hardware. The live demonstrations will be made using the ARM-based BeagleBone Black platform. Even though this particular platform is used for the live demonstrations, the course remains perfectly useful and valid regardless of the specific hardware platform used in your projects.
- Course dates and time
- July 17, 2023, 13:45 to 18:00, UTC+02:00
- July 18, 2023, 14:00 to 18:00, UTC+02:00
- July 20, 2023, 14:00 to 18:00, UTC+02:00
- July 21, 2023, 14:00 to 18:00, UTC+02:00
- July 24, 2023, 14:00 to 18:00, UTC+02:00
- July 25, 2023, 14:00 to 18:00, UTC+02:00
- July 26, 2023, 14:00 to 18:00, UTC+02:00
- Extra session: July 27, 2023, 14:00 to 18:00, UTC+02:00 (if needed to cover all topics/questions)
- Oral language: English
- Materials language: English
- Agenda: https://bootlin.com/doc/training/linux-kernel/linux-kernel-online-agenda.pdf
- Instructor: Miquèl Raynal (https://bootlin.com/company/staff/miquel-raynal/)
- Videoconferencing infrastructure: Google Meet or Jitsi Meet
Instructions for joining will be sent to each participant at least 48 hours before the session starts.
Hardware requirements for the course
Besides a computer, an audio headset and a good Internet connection, there are no special requirements to attend this course: the practical labs are performed as live demonstrations by the trainer.
However, if you are interested in reproducing the practical labs by yourself, during the time between the sessions, you can purchase the following hardware items:
- BeagleBone Black or BeagleBone Black Wireless, which comes with its USB-A to micro-USB cable
USB Serial Cable - 3.3 V - Female ends (for serial console), such as this cable from Olimex.
USB Serial Cable - 3.3 V - Male ends (for serial lab), such as this cable from Olimex.
- Wii Nunchuk with UEXT connector available from Olimex.
- 4 breadboard wires with male endings such as the ones available from Olimex.
- microSD card
Please note that if you want to reproduce the practical labs by yourself, you need to schedule additional time, outside of the session hours.
Again: having this hardware is NOT mandatory to follow the course. Many course participants follow our courses without having the corresponding hardware, and the course is very useful even without the hardware.
Invoices and cancellation policy
Invoices for our courses will be sent after the training session.
Discount vs regular rate
The discount rate is offered at the following conditions:
- You register online and pay by credit card
- You register at least one month prior to the start of the course
- You are among the first 6 participants for the session
Pay by invoice / Wire transfer
will confirm your participation only on reception of payment. Please
use our quotation number and your last name as a reference in
your wire transfer (bank details will be communicated in your order
confirmation). We kindly ask you to send your payment confirmation
within 24h by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need a proforma
invoice to pay, please send us an email. If we don't receive your email
within 24h we could cancel your order without any further notice. Banking fees must be paid by the customer.
Cancellation / Refunds
Discount tickets can be cancelled until Jun 16, 2023 11:59 P.M.
Regular tickets can be cancelled until Jul 9, 2023 11:59 P.M.
Bootlin could cancel the training session in the unlikely event that the minimum number of participants is not reached. If this happens you will be fully refunded.
If you face any issue while registering, please contact us at email@example.com.